Monday, April 27, 2009

Hope for a New Day

I think it's imperative to start each day and each week with a positive attitude. It is in my hands and in your hands to choose how we will live out this day today. I was inspired by the historic opening of the new Yankee Stadium by none other than Pastor Joel Osteen. The Yankee Organization invited a man of God to inaugurate the new stadium. God is great!! In his message, he stressed that we are fully loaded and equipped as we are to face the day ahead of us. He said that God has already given us what we need for today.

It's a simple choice that's ahead of us today: choose to live your day truly believing who you are or live your life today with a defeated mentality.
Now the question arises as to who you really are.
I believe the truth shall set you free. In this world that we live in, truth is very relative. I'm not talking about that kind of "truth." I'm talking about the truth which God testifies to about you. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior, the Bible says that you are "more than a conqueror." So it's up to me and you to live our day today knowing the truth that you and I are indeed more than a conqueror. The Bible says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." This is a word of truth from the one who created you.

I just want to speak a word of hope and encouragement to those who haven't known Jesus Christ as your friend and as your Lord.
You were beautifully and wonderfully created by Him.
He has the most incredible plans for your life.
He gave up absolutely everything and became absolutely nothing in obedience to his Father, so that you and I may have life.
He died, he rose up, and he conquered the grave so that we may have life through him.
He did all this so that we may have access to the Father and to a life of purpose down here on earth and to an eternity that is far beyond our most creative imaginations.
He loves you so much.
If you invite Jesus into your heart and into your life, your life will have meaning and purpose and your life will change for the better.

And for those of you who have lost that closeness with him, please know that he is closer than you think.
He never left your side.
He is ready and willing to embrace you and hold you in his arms.
You and I know that any time we have lived disconnected from God, no matter how thrilling the ride was, it wasn't worth it. It was just eating us alive. We lived with no hope or no joy or any sort of fulfillment. Each day we lived separated from Christ, we were becoming more dead inside.
It is time to come back into his loving arms, where life makes sense again. He will forgive all your sins and take you back just as you are and love you unconditionally.

We need hope more than anything else today.
Hope to dream.. hope to live.. hope to be....
So, let's live this day and this week with a renewed sense of hope and faith.
Let's not forget the truth about us.
Wake up each day and say, "I will have an incredible day today.Great things are going to happen to me today. I am in the palm of God's hands. I will see the Lord's favor in my life today."

No comments:

Post a Comment